Colorado Ghost Town Photography - Janeway, Colorado
Originally known as "Mobley's Camp" until 1877, it was renamed for Mary Jane Francis, a local innkeep. In 1888 this town had 50 people, a general store, post office, boarding house, and saloon. The Crystal River Railroad reached here by 1892 for the purpose of carrying Marble down from the Yule Quarry. The valley floor here gave the space needed for transportation and distribution of goods. Janeway eventually became a railroad station with siding for 29 cars. Now, all that is left of Janeway is this single cabin.