Colorado Ghost Town Photography - Hematite, Colorado
This town was originally named Venice. Railroad workers and prospectors both lived here. When the railroad was closed with the nearby Calumet mine, it was renamed Harrington for a local who lived at the site. In 1904 the site was surveyed by the Oklahoma Mining Company and renamed, to Hematite. It was abandoned after the 1901 flood. In the 1940s, workers lived there briefly, working a Quarry. Half the site is covered with Quarry debris, and good chunks of Marble can be picked up here.