Colorado Ghost Town Photography - Dayton, Colorado
Twin Lakes, originally known as Dayton, was the county seat in 1866 (taken from Oro City). The short lived boom ended in 1868 as most residents moved to Granite. Buildings were moved as well. In 1879 tourists discovered the area and the town of Twin Lakes grew on the same site. Many structures remain from the Twin Lakes era. The buildings shown here are verified by the visitor center to be original buildings dating from before Twin Lakes, from the Dayton era. See also "Twin Lakes"